BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

05 June 2016

So My Friend Asked Me

A friend of mine who is struggling to find his ownership with sobriety asked me, "How do you remain sober?"
I told him I needed to think about that and get back with him.  Thinking about why I have been able to maintain sobriety, I only needed think to being a practicing alcoholic for my reply.  I called him and told him I maintain my sobriety because, "I have walked that road in hell, and I'm not walking down it again.

Whenever our walk in life is one of discomfort, and yet we persist knowing we are uncomfortable, we are not ready for necessary change.  Only once we recognize that we are walking in hell and are miserable and wanting change, might we then make changes necessary for something more.  It is then we will understand that we have been surviving a life of merely complacent mediocrity.

It is not just that we need to reorder our thinking about alcohol...but also that we need to reorder our thinking about everything, while we are embracing our sobriety, and learning anew what positive sustaining thoughts mean for our life.

I have walked down that road in hell, and I'm not walking down it again.

No comments: