BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

29 June 2016

Keep freedom. Unloose Those Chains. Drink water. Drive on.



After mom's death, (which was 43 days after dad’s death) I called a friend of mine who'd served in Afghanistan.  I asked her what military training was regarding comrade’s deaths.  Her response to what they are trained to do was, "Drink water.  Drive on."  In order just to make it successfully to the conclusion of my semester, I really had to keep my focus forward and accomplish the tasks at hand.  Primary amongst my goals was the successful completion of my semester and remain sober.  And so I kept my eyes on the prize, drank water, and drove on.  This must be one of the components in conquering alcoholism.  Leave the body of intoxication behind.  Keep freedom.  Unloose those chains.  Drink water.  Drive on.

On the other-hand…another thought for today.
I have trained and studied about long distance hiking during this millennium, since June of 2013.  Now a friend has shone a light on a 2017 attempt at a thru-hike, i.e. walk 2660+miles in about five and a half weeks.  He will be joining me in this walk.  
He asked about doing a GoFundMe site.  
I asked him what he thought about these as possibilities for our GoFundMe pitch line?
1. "Two Sober. Now Walking 2660 Miles Homeless."

Or...
2. "Two Sober Alcoholics Walking Straight On The PCT."

Or...
3. "Had Too Many Bottles In Front Of “Me”, Which Caused Our Frontal Lobotomy. Now we’re On The PCT."

Or...
4. "Walking Openly Sober On The PCT."

Or...

My Favorite GoFundMe slogan which my future hiking partner suggested is Seriously=> 
5. "Staggering Sober On The PCT.

And we will be blogging with our real names; in other words, we will be outing ourselves as alcoholics; and hopefully walking for Joe Walsh's Facing Addiction   

Sober at last.  Yes Thank God Almighty, I Am Sober At Last.






No comments: