BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

13 June 2016

Accepting I Can Change But Only My Sobriety.

I could not accept my own alcoholism until I was honest with myself that I did not want to ever drink again.  One I had the strength to begin I did.  My conviction to remain sober is 100/100, and with due diligence, maintenance, and continual work, I will die a sober alcoholic.

I cannot change that I will die, or where, or when.  I can change how I will die if only slightly.  I will die sober however, whenever, wherever I die.

I cannot change how, where, when, or that my friends will die.  I cannot change if my friends die sober or drunk,  Then only thing I can change is myself.  I can also show them that it is possible to stop drinking and live soberly and very happily in the celebration in this life of sobriety.
However, they themselves must find their way out from the fog and into the brilliant sunshine of sobriety.

Never drinking again is not the end.  It is of course only a beginning through which to enjoy life from again.  Never drinking alcohol again is so little of a never again, considering all of the most excellent and awesome possibilities available to enjoy in living life again.

God grant them the serenity to accept the things that they cannot change.........And the wisdom and sense of humor to know the difference.

Peace for you my friends.  I love you.

No comments: