BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

01 June 2016

New Day Better Way. Sober.

Received my invitation to my child's high school graduation some years back already having been told by them that they'd have no time to see me.  Attended sober of course as I was an end of the day binger.  Text during event and was told by my child they wouldn't have time to see me.  While outside after the event and driving away my child called me wanting to know where I was.  I explained that they had said they had no time to see me however I was turning around immediately.  They told me to never mind and hung up.  Went home and binged.

Received my invitation to my child's university graduation a few month's back.  Received a call first confirming that I would be there, and then informing me they would not have anytime to see me the day of graduation since their mom paid for their university education.  Never mind that I was a university student myself on financial aid and graduating also, altho at a different state institution.  My child wanted me there, however confirmed on several occasions not being able to see me there.  Was on the road by 0700 their graduation morning for the 120+mile one-way drive.  Arrived with ample time and text of my arrival.  While we were texting my child confirmed they would not see or spend anytime with me.  Of course I awaited their change of mind.  Text once more to attempt seeing my child.  Rebuffed again.  After they walked and received their diploma and I hollered out their nickname; and was heard by them...sent another text congratulating them, and once again received a "can't see you" text.

My acquaintance and I left before commencement was over and enjoyed an awesome lunch, and then more great conversation on the 120+mile drive home.  Upon return home at 4pm, I went for a long walk enjoying the immediate beauty of the day.  Rest of the day was awesome also.

Yes it sucked.  One small part of the day that is.  It is what it is.
I was alive and celebrated that as well as being there for my child.
I celebrated time with my friend.
Sober for me that day of just more than 21 months was the only way.
No more excuses.
Just a new day, better way.
Sober.

No comments: