BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

11 October 2016

Alcohol in Employment. God's Mercy.



Every job that I've ever worked there were those who all identified as alcoholics, those who "drank responsibly", and those who did not drink.

While working as a tech in an ICU I witnessed many over the eight years I worked in that hospital come in hungover, and or had been drinking.  I was working the nightshift one time when towards 06:00 and less than an hour until their shift began three of the five scheduled ICU nurses and the morning tech called in sick. Everybody in the unit knew the party had happened as we were all invited.
Only one nurse showed up still up from drinking alcohol all night.  She arrived and went into an empty patient room where she hung a 1000 ml bag of D/50/water. Dextrose and water to rehydrate herself. She then began her shift as though everything was normal.
The nursing supervisors and administration knew she had done this and yet because the hospital was short staffed, no form of punishment was administered, and she worked her eight hour shift.
This event happened thirty years ago.
This event or one like it still happens I am reasonably confident of.

Being reasonably sure of the practicing alcoholics with whom I've shared time with once a practicing, now a sober alcoholic; I am continuously saddened when now I know of practicing alcoholics who have admitted to me that they still are out of control with their drinking, and are still consuming alcohol.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Never to judge as that is for God.
Always pray for their release.
Always pray for their freedom.
Freedom to own their lives again.

On bended knee I always pray,
Oh God, please be merciful to me.

On bended knee I always pray,
Oh God, you have been merciful to me.
Sober I am finally free.
Oh God, you are merciful to me.



No comments: