BEST WAY To Follow The Forage.

11 July 2016

I Earned The Name.


Talk about positive reinforcement.  Every time I logon and write Ima Soberalcoholic, I am reminded of just who in part I am.  However, only just a part of who I am.  
Throughout my life while drinking I achieved accomplishments and failures just as everybody encounters through living life.  
My successes were in no part because of my drinking although, they were dampened by my consumption of alcohol which continued increasing.  
My failures definitely were attributable to my drinking alcohol.
Success outwardly I may have enjoyed, yet shame and denial otherwise detracted from what should have only been my celebration.  Deep inside I knew the truth, yet lied and denied to myself.  Oh sure "everybody" lies and denies unto themselves to some degree.  I was lying and denying myself the truth of my addition.
Achievements are now sweeter as they no longer are blurred into the shadows by another drink.  I enjoy sobriety so much more now than I once did of intoxication.  Eyes wide open and loving life. 

Even a so-so day is now so darned awesome and welcomed by me.  The positive reinforcement each time I type, Ima Soberalcoholic comes from the resonance of the joy and satisfaction I feel living life sober.  I also believe successfully staying sober not only involves changing how and what the individual quitting thinks, but also occupying the new time of sobriety, or whatever has been quit, with positive actions.
Equally as important for everybody is to not allow the solution to become more intrusive than the problem.  The solution should be a beginning unto itself...not a bigger problem than the problem was itself.  Simplify.  Quitting anything and changing behaviours are just single steps unto themselves moving towards a simpler way of life.

I don't like the title but I earned it,
Sincerely,
Ima Soberalcoholic

No comments: